DIZZYRAT

Lower Secondary science for young gifted students

DIZZYRAT    0

I would like to use the curriculum for my young (7 yr old) gifted child. We haven't used the my pals are here. We went over the atoms examples pages together and he understood the concepts well and was excited by the material. He gets bored easily with incomplete elementary level science courses. Has anyone used the curriculum for younger students? Do you need the teachers guide for homeschool use? 

DIZZYRAT    0

not to say my pals is incomplete but he needs more information (than is presented in the text observed on the example pages) to answer his questions and I'm tired of having to hunt down many supplements. 

Jenny    3

Not sure any elementary science curriculum would answer all of any interested child's questions. The point of the My Pals are Here is to get them interested, and looking things up and finding out more.  Any science curriculum out there should be considered just a jumping off point, and one that raises curiosity is good. There is way too much science to put in a textbook.

Jenny    3

The teacher's guide is quite useful. It round out the program, has links to web sites, background information for the teacher, and so on.