hsgram

Workbook - unit 3, ex. 2, problems 4 & 5

hsgram    0

I have the Answer Key Book. Could you provide solutions for these problems?

The answer given for problem 4 is 5/27. If we draw a picture I can see how the answer was derived, but mathematically I cannot explain it.

The answers for problem 5 are (a) 5/6 and (b) 1/6. This does not make sense to me since 5/6 are blouses and 1/12 are skirts - obviously women's clothing.

BMG    0

Hi Jenny,

my daughter was working on a problem and needed support, PM Std Ed 6A pg 48 #4.  Her math tutor said the sentence, "There are twice as many girls as there are boy in a class." was not necessary information.  They solved the problem  2/9 + 1/6 = 4/18 +3/18 = 7/18  The answer in the book is 5/27 not 7/18

I see the solution provided is very different.  Would you please explain it for me so that I may walk my daughter through it correctly.  

Thanks!  BMG

BMG    0

Hi Jenny,

I am also working on another problem PM Std Ed 6A pg 56 #6

Mrs. Roland is planting some greens in a straight row.  Each plant is placed 7/12 m apart.  There is a plant at each end.  How many green bean plants are there in a distance of 7m?  

The answer is 13m

Wouldn't it be 7 divided by 7/12?  7 x 12/7 = 12 but then you add the 2 ends 7/12 + 7/12 = 14/12 = 1 1/6  So the answer would 13 green bean plants vs 13 1/6? I think, right? : )  Thanks!