Mamaurick

What comes next?

Singapore meaning the company Singapore Math? No, we do not have any specific recommendation. After Dimensions Math 8 students could do highschool geometry or algebra 2. I personally did a bit of geometry and then college texts for intermediate algebra or precalculus.

3 hours ago, Jenny said:

Singapore meaning the company Singapore Math? No, we do not have any specific recommendation. After Dimensions Math 8 students could do highschool geometry or algebra 2. I personally did a bit of geometry and then college texts for intermediate algebra or precalculus.

Yes, sorry, I meant the company, Singapore Math.  🙂 Thank you for your answer!

On 3/10/2019 at 1:17 PM, Jenny said:

Jenny, I have a question about this, if you don't mind: Dimensions Math 7 and 8 already do quite a bit of Geometry, while other texts don't - they concentrate on Algebra, then they have a whole separate year of Geometry. There is a Prentice Hall series that seems to be like that, for example. 

So my question is, how much of what you call "high school geometry" would a DM7+DM8 student know already? And what difference would you see between a high school Algebra 2 course, and a college text for intermediate algebra?

Thank you!!

Geometry with proofs, if you want proofs. And there is a some geometry Dimensions Math does not include, even if you don't, such as secants, tangents, arcs, chords, angles and segments in a circle, constructions and loci. Vectors. Transformations. Symmetry of plane figures. Some geometry texts do include a little trigonometry, but that can wait.